1. The Holistic Chef, also known as Andrea Sprague, is committed to protecting the information about you that we collect, store and use when you provide it to us on our website: https://theholisticchef.com.
2. We respect your rights to privacy under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act) and so in accordance with this Act, we are compliant with its requirements in respect of the collection, management and disclosure of your personal information.
3. We also uphold your rights to privacy if you are based in the European Union, in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (EU). Your rights under the GDPR are listed below.
4. If you do not wish to provide personal information to us, then you do not have to do so. However, this may affect your use of this Site or any products and services offered on it.
What is your personal information?
What information may we collect from you?
7. The Holistic Chef may collect the following personal information from you:
- current mailing or residential address
- email address
- telephone number
- passwords for our online courses
- transactional data, such as purchase information
- technical data, such as information about cookies
- health information that you choose to disclose like food allergies and food preferences
8. We collect personal information about you so that we can perform our business activities and functions and to provide best possible quality of customer service. We collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information for the following purposes:
- to provide our services to you
- to send communications requested by you
- to answer inquiries and provide information or advice about existing and new services
- to provide you with access to protected areas of our website
Site User Tracking Experience
9. We may use tracking software to review and improve your experience of our Site. In particular, we may use Facebook and Google Analytics Advertising products: Remarketing with Google Analytics and Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting. Google Analytics collects data about our Site traffic via Google Advertising cookies and anonymous identifiers. Data collected via these Google products is not linked with any personally identifiable information you submit while on our Site. If you wish to opt out of the Google Analytics data collection, you may do so on Google’s Site at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/.
11. We use this to research our users’ habits so that we can improve our online services. Our cookies do not collect personal information. If you do not wish to receive cookies, you can set your browser so that your computer does not accept them. We may log IP addresses (that is, the electronic addresses of computers connected to the Internet) to analyse trends, administer the website, track users’ movements, and gather broad demographic information.
12. As our website is linked to the Internet, and the Internet is inherently insecure, we cannot provide any assurance regarding the security of transmission of information you communicate to us online. We also cannot guarantee that the information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted over the Internet. Accordingly, any personal information or other information which you transmit to us online is transmitted at your own risk.
14. When you fill out a contact form through our website, your information is added to our mailing database. We only contact you in ways that you have asked for and approved. You can unsubscribe at any time through links at the bottom of the emails.
Who we share your data with
15. In general, we do not share any of your information unless you have given us permission. Your information may be shared with third party companies in the case of tools used to process transactions such as:
- payment providers: stripe processes the payments made on our website
- online course delivery: our online courses are provided through Kajabi
- newsletter: mailchimp stores our email addresses and sends our newsletters
Direct marketing materials
16. We may send you direct marketing communications and information about our services that we consider may be of interest to you. These communications may be sent in various forms, including mail, SMS and email, in accordance with applicable marketing Laws, such as the Spam Act 2003 (Cth). If you indicate a preference for a method of communication, we will endeavour to use that method whenever practical to do so. In addition, at any time you may opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us by contacting us (see the details below) or by using opt-out facilities provided in the marketing communications and we will then ensure that your name is removed from our subscription/mailing list.
17. We do not provide your personal information to other organisations for the purposes of direct marketing.
Security and data quality
18. We take reasonable steps to ensure your personal information is protected from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
19. We strive to ensure the security, integrity and privacy of personal information that you submit to us through our website. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be totally secure. We endeavour to take all reasonable steps to protect the personal information you may transmit to us or from our online products and services. Once we do receive your transmission, we will also make our best efforts to ensure its security on our systems.
20. In addition, our employees and the contractors who provide services related to our information systems are obliged to respect the confidentiality of any personal information held by us.
21. We may hold your information in either electronic or hard copy form. Personal information is destroyed or de-identified when no longer needed or when we are no longer required by Law to retain it (whichever is the later).
How long we retain your data
22. We will only keep your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
- Data for online courses is retained for as long as you remain a student of The Holistic Chef Academy
- Your information in our mailing list until you choose to unsubscribe
- If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
What rights you have over your data
23. If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
25. Please contact our Data Protection Officer by email on firstname.lastname@example.org