A miniature, gluten-free version of a homemade favorite: banana bread!
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups very ripe bananas, mashed (about 4 medium bananas)
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 cups gluten-free flour blend (you can use pre-made gluten-free flour mix, OR try this DIY mix: 1/2 cups brown rice flour, 1/2 sorghum flour, 1/2 cup tapioca starch, 1/4 cup potato flour, 1/4 cup millet flour)
- Heat the oven to 350° F
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the eggs. Add the mashed banana, sugar, apple sauce, oil and vanilla. Mix well.
- In a small bowl, measure out all the flours, baking soda and salt and stir with a whisk. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until thoroughly incorporated.
- Pour the batter into mini muffin cups and bake for 15 minutes total, rotating the pan half way through. Use a toothpick or skewer to test for doneness – when the toothpick comes out clean after pricking the muffin, it’s baked through.
This recipe can be made with your own mix of sugar, depending on how sweet you want it. It originally contained 1 cup of white sugar. To lessen the amount of refined sugar, I changed it to ½ cup coconut sugar and ½ cup brown sugar. This will make the bread less sweet. But you can go by your own sweet tooth level. It works great with ½ cup white sugar and ½ cup brown sugar, too.
* I like making gluten-free breads like this in smaller sizes as the finished loaf just comes out better. You can make this into small quarter sized loaves too. Makes 4 loaves. Bake 25 minutes, then rotate pan and bake 25 more minutes. It is finished when a skewer comes out clean.
Keywords: gluten free banana bread