An incredibly versitile recipe for a healthy gluten free chocolate treat. Add whatever you want to the mix like coconut flakes or nuts. You control the amount of sugar. You can use unsweetened chocolate baking chips if you want to control the sugar, and use whatever level of cocoa you want, go up to 70% if you like dark chocolate.
- 1/2 cup unsweetened, salted peanut butter
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips (about 55% cocoa)
- 1–2 Tbsp agave (optional)
- 2 cups crispy brown rice cereal (Erewhon)
- Place the peanut butter in a pot over medium heat. Stir as it melts. Add the chocolate and continue stirring until the chocolate is completely melted and incorporated into the peanut butter. You can take the pot off the heat and continue stirring as the heat from the contents of the pot will melt the newly added chocolate. Do not let your peanut butter mixture burn.
- Add the agave if you like it a little sweeter.
- Take the pot off the heat and add the rice crispy cereal. Stir to coat.
- Using a clean spoon, drop the cereal into small piles or balls on a parchment lined cookie sheet. I used a rectangular cake pan.
- Place the pan in the freezer for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Once they have set in the freezer you can pull them off the parchment paper and place them in whatever container you like. Store them in the freezer or refrigerator.
Works best if you eat them straight from the fridge, as they can get a little messy on your hands if left out. Great as an afterschool snack once the kids get home.