I originally created this Raw Carrot Ginger Soup years ago for a client who was eating a raw diet. I was delighted at how delicious and satisfying it was. I don’t usually follow a raw diet but I have made this soup for myself frequently during the hot summer months when I don’t want to heat up the kitchen.
I found this soup especially helpful when I was coming out of a 20+ day juice cleanse a few years ago. After such a long period on a liquid diet, it is wise to SLOWLY reintroduce solid foods to help your body transition – and this soup is a great bridge between juicing and solid food.
The avocados make it nice and thick and add enough fat to make this satisfying to the palate. If you don’t have a juicer, use a good quality, pre-made carrot juice like Odwalla.
Here’s how to make it:Print
Creamy Raw Carrot Ginger Soup
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
This creamy soup is great for raw diets, folks looking to avoid heating up the stove in the summer, and for those transitioning from a juice diet back to solid foods. Feel free to change up the quantities of the ingredients to customize the taste for what you like.
- 3 cups of fresh organic carrot juice (from about 3 pounds of carrots)
- 2 ripe avocados
- 2 tsp fresh ginger juice
- 1 1/2 tsp good quality sea salt
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp honey (optional)
- Put the carrots through a juicer, then pour the carrot juice into a blender.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and blend on low until smooth, less than a minute. Taste and adjust seasonings.
- This is now ready for you to play around with it. Want it more spicy? Add more ginger. Add a little water if you want to create a thinner consistency. The honey is optional depending on how sweet your carrots are. So don’t add it until you give it a taste.
This is best served immediately after making it, or at room temperature if you save it for later in the refrigerator. Do NOT heat it!
hey! this looks great! can i please get the measurements?