Start your day with a mug of lemon juice, honey and warm water to get your digestion going and for boost of vitamin c when you need extra support during flu season or heavy pollen season.
- 2 lemons
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 tbs good local honey (especially if you have seasonal allergies)
- A few slices of ginger (optional)
- Squeeze lemons into a large mug. I use the largest mug I have which holds about 12 ounces of water.
- Heat water in a small pot until just starting to bubble. Pour water into mug and add the honey.
- Give a good stir, and sip throughout the morning. It is that simple! Add a little more honey if you want it sweeter.
- You can also add some sliced ginger to your lemon tea which really helps to warm you up and increase metabolism. Plus some people just really like the taste of ginger. Cut a few slices of ginger and add them to your mug, or place them in the pot with the warming water to help them simmer and impart more flavor.
- Cool to your preferred temperature and strain out ginger into your mug.